Glamablog by Anna Christie - Sydney, Australia

For glamorous thinking women, aged 20 to 100.

Monday 28 March 2011

A tale of two face masks - Ren Glycolactic mask versus Elemental Herbology Facial Glow


Twice I had purchased Renʼs Papaya (Glycolactic Skin Renewal Peel) mask, which at $90 for a 50 ml container is well worth the price.  It is a “glycolactic peel” mask, which leaves the skin amazingly dewy and glowing.  

I had recommended it to friends and planned to continue using it.  That was until the helpful staff at Mecca Cosmetica in Myers city store offered me a sample pot of Elemental Herbologies Facial Glow mask. 

I loved the Facial Glow mask, which I used in preparation for its companion products, Facial Detox the delicious Facial Soufflé, a rich moisturiser which can be used as a light overnight mask (and is also recommended for use when travelling by plane to prevent dehydration). 

I just couldnʼt decide which mask to purchase, because although I loved both, it was impossible to compare them accurately. The time of day, time of the month, season, etc could all affect the state of my skin, and the results of the mask. 

It seemed the only way to compare them was to try both masks at the same time on different sides of my face. Once again, the Mecca consultant was at the fore, offering me a sample pot of each so I could proceed with my experiment. 

Renʼs Papaya mask specifies to be left on the skin for 10 minutes, and the Facial Glow only 4 minutes. 

By 4 minutes, the tingling was more pronounced on the Facial Glow side of my face, though not as intense as a salon peel. I left it on for a further minute beyond the recommended time, and the tingling became more intense - bordering on stinging. I used a warm face cloth to gently remove the Facial Glow from one half of my face while the Papaya continued to develop. 

Even after 10 minutes, the Papaya mask was not stinging and tingling had settled down, while the left side was still tingling 5 minutes after the product was removed. 

The result? The Ren mask left my skin visibly more glowing, and more comfortable. 

Although Facial Glow was also very effective in removing dullness, it is probably more recommended as an intense fruit acid treatment at home, to be followed by its excellent companion products. Admittedly, I left it on for a minute longer than recommended so I canʼt criticise the fact that it was slightly stinging. 

I love all of the products I have mentioned above!  Check out Mecca Cosmetica skin care

Nevertheless, I would suggest those people with sensitive complexions should seek out a much gentler product because they have altogether different skin care issues than a post-combination skin matron such as myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments for Glamablog.