Glamablog by Anna Christie - Sydney, Australia

For glamorous thinking women, aged 20 to 100.

Saturday 16 April 2011

A couple of additional points regarding Vogue Paris

There is one small matter I failed to mention when I was recommending Vogue Paris in a previous Glamablog post... it is published in French. My school French,  unused for decades but for the rare visit to Paris, is assisted by the use of a French-English dictionary. 


Sure, I miss some. But hey, I never said reading a fashion magazine is high literature.


Also I wanted to point out the relevance of the sub-plot in the Meryl Streep - Anne Hathaway starring film The Devil Wears Prada (2006) where the New York editor (Meryl Streep) is in steep competition with her counterpart in Paris. 


Vogue Paris editor until January this year was the sexy 56 year-old Carine Roitfeld, who is now consulting to the famous Barney's department store in New York. Is this some kind of transition into the role of editor of Vogue US?


I have heard it said many times that she is not interested. 


However, time will tell if Conde Nast publishers will lure her to take over from Anna Wintour in the prized role. It will certainly lead to a shake-up of the stale Vogue US, if Carine Roitfeld were to take over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments for Glamablog.